16. Will Meyer, QB-LB, Fullerton, Jr. 5-11, 180. Bench - 225, Squat - 400, 40 - 4.6. All-state honorable mention as a sophomore, Meyer is moving to quarterback where his overall athletic ability should help make him an immediate dual threat. Defensively he's already there, a fast, tough linebacker who last year registered 123 tackles.
17. Maverick Sukstorf, QB-DB, Cedar Bluffs, Jr. 5-11, 175. Other stats NA. It'll be a young team at Cedar Bluffs again this year but one that could surprise, with Sukstorf at the controls helping to make it happen. Last season he was all-district as a freshman after passing for 1,167 yards and 12 TDs and adding 66 tackles on defense. Just scratching the surface...
18. Austin Rose, L-LB, Blue Hill, Jr. 5-10, 170. Other stats NA. A scrappy, aggressive player who last year totaled 81 tackles, which was good enough to make him an all-district linebacker. Guys like this make your defense, they really do.
19. Derek Sis, RB-DB, Perkins County, Soph. 5-9, 145. Other stats NA. Super speedy Sis (NO WAY I pass on that) did some damage last year, rushing for 542 yards and making all-district, but he'll be bigger and stronger and just as fast this fall. Note: Sis finished fifth in the Class C state 100 meters.
20. Corey Shoff, L-DL, Winside, Soph. 6-5, 250. Other stats NA. Wanna take a flyer? How about here, with Shoff, a York transfer who was expected to play a big role for last year's Class B runners-up. You do the math - he should be just fine playing eight-man, let's watch together, OK?