7. Jalen Wieseler, QB-LB, Wynot, Soph. 5-7, 150. Other stats NA. A bit of a projection here but his small performance sample seems to show Wieseler is ready to take command of the dynamic Blue Devil offense. Already a proven defender, last year finishing with 63 tackles, 2 INTs.
8. Luke Ericson, QB-LB, Osceola, Jr. 6-3, 215. Other stats NA. He flew under the radar last year but Ericson is a big, athletic quarterback who can make things happen. Last year he rushed for 931 yards and 18 TDs and passed for 878 yards and 15 TDs and seems like the kind of player who could pop an all-state caliber season in 2014. Just see.
9. Jacey Nutter, QB-DB, Sandhills/Thedford, Soph. 6-1, 175. Bench - 190, Squat - 300, 40 - 4.8. Not many times you have a freshman quarterback stroll onto campus and become such a productive player and leader but that was Nutter last fall. Finished the season with school record totals of 1,009 yards passing and 15 TDs and was also outstanding on defense where he added 83 tackles and four INTs. And the kid's just getting started...
10. Gideon Monette, RB-CB, Mullen, Jr. 6-0, 185. Other stats NA. A power back, Monette has twice been named all-district and last year finished with 924 yards rushing and 14 touchdowns. Added 59 tackles as a defender.
11. Christian Leichty, RB-LB, Giltner, Jr. 6-0, 175. Other stats NA. In Giltner's run-first offense Leichty doesn't get nearly the carries he would in some offenses but is an outstanding athlete who is dangerous when he gets his shot. An outstanding runner, he's got good hands, a must in the Giltner spread attack, and is a very good DB.
12. Andrew Gardner, RB-TE-LB, Wallace, Jr. 6-2, 195. Other stats NA. An all-district tight end as a sophomore, Gardner is a big target with good hands and is also an outstanding defender, finishing last year with 75 tackles. Could make a huge move if he moves to running back, as expected.