Latest Team Rankings
Free Text Alerts
|ShopMobileRadio RSSRivals.com Yahoo! Sports|
|College Teams||High Schools|
August 17, 20121. Elkhorn: Not often do I admit to being lost - being a man, I seldom do - but I am lost with how to approach Class B this year. When in doubt go with last year's champs, though the Antlers have plenty of holes. Still, it's Elkhorn, which has always been good enough.
2. Elkhorn South: New head coach Guy Rosenberg has a ton of talent to work with and the program seems ready to take the proverbial next step. (In fact, it was mighty tempting to put Elkhorn South at the top of this list.) Names to remember: Cal Griencewic and Luke Drazic, a couple of outstanding defensive linemen.
3. Crete: Like Elkhorn, last year's other playoff finalist was also hit hard by graduation. The return of Colton Steer helps, a lot, and the Cardinals will fill in the blanks, trust us...
4. Beatrice: Last season the Orange had their season wrecked by injury. Assuming they stay healthy, this should be a dangerous team, led by QB Zach Decker and lineman Jordan Workman.
5. Aurora: Huskies have to find a quarterback but have many of the other pieces in place to once again be an outstanding team. Senior leaders include LB Alex Hunt and lineman Ehren Schwarz.
6. Norris: Titans eased into the picture last year, reaching the playoffs, and with all-state running back James Kruger leading the way they could easily win a couple of postseason games in 2012.
7. McCook: Bison are clearly the cream of the western crop in Class B, with all-stater Jake Schlager having made a full recovery from knee surgery.
8. Blair: Bears return QB Colin Mertlik and running back Will Schany and look to continue a nice run that has stretched over the past couple of seasons.
9. Gretna: Dragons were just a minute away from their first-ever state final last November. Wide receiver Caleb Koch is a good one.
10. Omaha Skutt: Lots of experience back, including senior running back Ryan McKeever, who should be one of Class B's best runners.